Keep Exploring New Tools to Stay Ahead of Digital Competition
This is the age of digital competition. You have to be one step ahead of the field in order to succeed in the long term. This requires you to update your knowledge and systems because the technology is improving at a tremendous rate. You have new digital tools coming up almost on a regular basis and using these tools to stay ahead of the competition should be your strategy. Let us look at the latest digital tools that help you achieve your objectives.
For the sake of simplicity, we shall categorize these tools under some major operational heads.
- SEO and Content Marketing
- Social media marketing and Email automation
- Visual Design and Landing pages
- Project Management
- Analytics and Data
We shall now look into the individual aspects in detail.
· SEO and Content Marketing
The following three tools should be of great use in optimizing your SEO content so as to rank high on the SERP. This high ranking automatically ensures you get a steady stream of website visitors thereby helping you to stay ahead of the digital competition.
- UberSuggest: Innovation is the key to success therefore you should always be looking at different methods to improve your SEO content and blogs. Using new keywords and blog topics is one way of doing it. UberSuggest helps you in this regard. Entering your keyword enables you to search through the results for exploring more options. Google Trends can help you a great deal in this matter.
- Keyword Planner: Keywords are the heart and soul of every type of SEO content which makes optimising your keywords much more important. You should have an idea about the frequency of your keyword searches. This requires you to plan and concentrate on the appropriate keywords. Google Keyword Planner can help you achieve this objective.
- Yoast: WordPress Plugins play an important role in optimizing your website. For example plugins like Yoast enables easy navigation through your website and improve user experience. This helps Google to rank your website higher than your competitors.
- TribeLocal: SEO software which is used to help business and agencies with their Local SEO. Businesses become discoverable to their local audience with TribeLocal.
· Social Media and Email Marketing
Social media has an important role to play in digital marketing. The reach of this media is unparalleled. Hence, it becomes imperative to use social media integration tools and email automation tools to maintain the lead over your competitors in this race.
- HootSuite: HootSuite is a very important tool as it enables you to check all your social media accounts in one place. Setting up streams for scheduled messages and posts is easy using HootSuite.
- MeetEdgar: Refreshing your content on social media is important. MeetEdgar can perform this task with amazing efficiency as you add tweets, LinkedIn updates, and Facebook posts and segregate them into different categories. Scheduling these categories to post to a selected social media account at the appropriate time is possible.
- Hatchbuck: Generating leads and communicating with clients becomes easy with The specially designed CRM allows you to monitor the activities of the customers and triggers hot leads the moment they are ready to buy.
- ActiveCampaign: Having a common platform to cater to email marketing, sales CRM software, and marketing automation enables you to establish meaning contact with your customers. ActiveCampaign helps you engage with your customers through emails, trigger campaigns, etc. This ensures that you do not miss any opportunity to be ahead in the race.
· Visual Design and Landing Pages
User experience is a big ranking factor today. Your website should have an appealing design that should compel the customer to stay longer. This helps in generating the leads. You need these following tools to help you in this aspect.
- Canva: What can be visually more appealing than a beautiful photo? Customize your landing pages by creating such compelling photos using drag and drop technology. Canva is the right tool that enables you to have your customized fonts and logos.
- Freepik: By paying a monthly subscription fee, Freepik grants you access to more than a million icons, photos, and vectors. This enables you to customize your logos or icons without using attribution. Sorting the images based on their color becomes easy as well.
- LeadPages: Google places great emphasis on websites that offer a better mobile experience. LeadPages enables you to make mobile-friendly landing pages. You can integrate your page with the email automation software.
- OptimizePress: Designing pages to have a similar look and feel to your WordPress site is possible with OptimizePress. You have a lot of templates that allow you to customize your landing pages and provide a better user experience to the customer.
· Project Management
Managing your projects well is necessary to be ahead of the competition at all times. This involves creation and updating all records and communicating with your clients / team to improve your services. Curating content is also an important aspect of project management. These tools help you a great deal in this regard.
- Basecamp: Sharing documents and keeping track of upcoming meetings are the key features of this wonderful project management tool, Basecamp. This tool allows you to manage all mobile parts of your projects.
- Slack: Communicating with your team members and clients is of utmost importance. Slack facilitates holding of private conversations or chats in a seamless manner.
- Feedly: Content curation has its importance in SEO marketing. Tools like Feedly enable you to collect your favourite blogs at a single location. Scrolling through them to determine the popularity of the blogs becomes easy. You are able to upload your most popular blog on social media channels.
· Analytics and Data
You have done the hard work of optimizing your SEO. This can help you secure a top rank on the SERP. Maintaining this position is tough in this age of digital competition. You can take the help of analytic tools to analyze your performance and help you improve.
- Google Analytics: This tool, Google Analytics is the most important tool for any business as it helps analyze the performance of your website, audience demographics, and many more activities like actions taken, popular keywords, etc.
- SumoMe: Analyzing your website is necessary for improving your performance. You should be able to analyze your reader’s behavior as well. Tools like SumoMe help you analyze them and make subtle adjustments to cater to their requirements.
This is a tough world out there. You have to be on your toes at all times. Otherwise you run the risk of lagging behind in the competition. A shift to the second page of the Google search is also disastrous.
Author Bio – Shishir is an ex-startup entrepreneur currently working on kickstarting inbound marketing for a Silicon Valley startup. Cracked the code of generating 750K monthly traffic in 10 months by using creative content.