Apart from your client’s SEO projects, have you thought about your own company’s website SEO? It is no doubt just as important as search engine optimization for your clients’ sites.
Let’s find out some of the ways you can boost your own company’s SEO process.
First of all, decide with which department you want to align your SEO team. This is important because it will help you facilitate your internal SEO campaign.
The Web Design and Development Department:
No matter how big or small your company is, if there is a team of designers and developers in your company, they will influence your in-house SEO process because they are the ones who have built your company website. You cannot deny their contribution. You also have to consider the SEO team as a part of them because SEO is also about updating your website frequently.
The Marketing Department:
If, in your company, the SEO team is a part of the marketing team, it is perfectly fine because SEO is, at the end of the day, marketing your website across the search engines. It is a major part of the growth of your company. There could be a customer who came across your products/services through a facebook share and then searched for you on Google.
This is why it’s important to make your SEO professionals a part of your marketing team so that the two teams can synchronize their promotional activities. Plus, this would also help those two teams learn from each other.
The Product Team:
If yours is an SEO Services company, it is perfectly suitable to align it with the product department of your company. That way, you can make things get going faster and see the results quicker. If the SEO team is a part of your product department, the search engine optimization of your company can be part of your product development.
After determining the right position of SEO in your company, pay attention to the SEO process of your company website. Do you consider your SEO efforts as agile? Here are some suggestions that will help you become more agile with your in-house SEO process.
- Analyze the moves of your competitors. Find out the differences between your SEO endeavors and theirs. Concentrate on the top 3 rivals of your SEO Company.
- Do your competitors refresh their site content more frequently than you do? Are their link profiles more diverse than yours? Are they in the major paid directories? These are the questions you need to find answers to and you will be able to find the weak points in your SEO campaign.
- Make an illustrated plan on where you want to see your company 6 months from now.
- Prioritize your goals.
- If there is a scarcity of resources, do not hesitate to outsource the jobs that take a long time to complete. Keep your internal SEO team focused on the substantive aspects of search engine optimization.
- Outsource to a reliable SEO provider. There are plenty of them but not all of them are reliable. You have to do your homework before entrusting one of them with your in-house SEO campaign.
- Do not hesitate to have your internal linking process automated. Manual linking is good but automated linking saves a hell lot of valuable time that you can use for improving other areas of your SEO process.
These aforementioned things were intended to help you boost your in-house SEO process. Implement them according your company’s needs. Do not overlook the fact that your in-house SEO team needs to refresh its knowledge. Have them attend webinars, conferences and other events related to search engine optimization. Also, from time to time, invite an accomplished SEO expert as guest speaker to your SEO services company.
Hopefully, these advice were of help.